Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Osaes Il Shyr Forum Index -> Applicants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quìllathe
HBIC
Big Mouth Bass!

re: A note from the GM...

Dear Applicants-

I felt it best to provide a bit of an open letter to allow you to understand who we are, and why we play this game the way that we do. All of us are from top raiding guilds around the country. We have seen it, done it, and done it well. I myself have had the pleasure and honor of leading this group of people - not only in this guild, but in the top raiding guild on Uldaman during The Burning Crusade. We have all played together for many years, and almost all of us are friends in RL. World of Warcraft is a fantastic game, but there comes a time when raiding 5 nights a week for 4 hours becomes tedious and cumbersome. It is this scenario that has given birth to this guild, and the ideals that we have set forth, as outlined in our mission statement on the front page. Please - before you apply - REREAD IT.

We intend to play this game for the enjoyment of experiencing it together - and experiencing all of it. We will probably wind up as one of the better 10-man guilds on the server, but it's not our goal. We will see all the content, and we will enjoy each other's company in doing so. We are also a very social guild. It is not uncommon for members to just lounge in vent talking, drinking, listening to music and discussing the latest in-game issues, as well as the current news headlines. We invite our husbands, wives, and children to participate in all aspects of this game with us.

Regarding guild issues, I consider myself a reasonable person, and I don't like to burden myself or others with a list of rules and regulations as far as how to conduct yourself. Everyone in this guild is a mature adult - I expect you to be as well. The following are the basic principles that I expect you to uphold if you are accepted into our guild family.

First and foremost - your actions reflect on all of us. Treat people the way that you expect to be treated. Speak to others as if you were in the room with them. I have found that treating people with common courtesy and respect goes a long way.

Your obligations are to THIS guild - first and foremost. If you are a member of Osaes il Shyr, then your priority is us. We - and I - demand it. As a guildmate - you are our priority, as well.

When we raid - we have fun. Sometimes, too much. *wink* It's not uncommon for drunken debauchery to unfold about halfway through the raid, Treff is guaranteed to blow smoke in your face, etc. Regardless, racial, sexist, jerkish, asshat commentary is not allowed. If you wouldn't say it in the real company of friends, don't say it in vent or guild chat.

Regarding raids - I expect all raiders to be fully flasked, enchanted, gemmed, scrolled, fed, etc. It's insulting to expect to come into a raid expecting everyone to carry you - and that is exactly what is happening if you are not prepared. If you follow this tack - you will find yourself sitting on the sidelines - and ultimately you will be searching for a new guild. Everyone's time is valuable. Do not waste it.

We don't fight over loot. I honestly hear more arguments to the tune of "You take it. No - YOU take it. Well, it's better for you - you take it..." Seriously? Yes - it's true. We have a very unselfish group, and I intend for it to stay as such. We are a 10-man guild. We don't need DKP. I strictly enforce the "don't be an asshole" rule of raiding. If you need it, great - but you also don't "NEED" every drop in the instance. Once you win something, allow someone else to win as well. We gear up as a group. One person cannot kill a boss.

Well, that is about it. If all of this sits well with you, then we are looking forward to hearing from you, and possibly bringing you into our clan.

-Quillathe Damrodel. Founder and Guild Master of Osaes il Shyr
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Osaes Il Shyr Forum Index -> Applicants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum