Level : 90
Faction : Alliance
Race : Gnome
Class : Mage
Spec 1 : Arcane
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

List your name, age, length of time playing World of Warcraft and a link to your armory profile.:
Steve, 32. Play time can vary, but generally about 10-20 hours a week.

Please detail your raid experience.:
Raided in vanilla all the way to Naxx 40 (had 1 boss down in each wing, with spider wing fully cleared). Raided Kara and Gruul (was the mage tank for the first fight) in BC, but took a break from raiding afterwards, until ICC. Came back and raided ICC, then proceeded to raid BWD in Cata. Stopped there.

What are the most important aspects that you look for when considering a new guild?:
Friendly atmosphere, with people that are fun to interact with, all the while pushing content.

What do you hope to gain by becoming a member of OiS?:
To be able to push content, see regular raids, and have fun with the people I'm doing it with.

What outside factors (IRL) do you balance with your in-game playtime? (i.e. Family, work, school):
Work, studying to finish IT certifications are the two major ones.

Please provide references from former guild mates, in-game friends, or current OiS members.:
I've spoken with Tekket and Piqued a bit, and they gave me a good understanding of what the guild was about, and it seems like a nice fit.

Lastly, please provide a recent (within the last month and current patch) log of your performance on a raid. (Example: World of Logs) (10 or 25 man preferrred, but will accept LFR):
Forthcoming.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Quìllathe
HBIC
Big Mouth Bass!

re: APPROVED - App: Maeldayn - by Quìllathe

Hello there :-)

Pique speaks well of you - so that sits well with me. I should be online later this weekend. I'll see if I can catch you, and we can discuss your application in further detail.

Q-
Tekket

Hey Maeldayin!

It was great talking to you the other night and I'm glad you were able to get your app in. I look forward to seeing you in action after talking to Q.

Tekket

My nookie days are over, My pilot light is out, What used to be my sex appeal is now my water spout!
Time was when, on its own, from my trousers it would spring. But now its just a full time job to find the fuck'n thing!
It used to be embarrassing the way it would behave. For every single morning it would stand & watch me shave!
Now as old age approaches, it sure gives me the blues, to see it hang its little head & watch me tie my shoes!
Telandris_Chopstik

A mage? Can it be true?

Hello there,

Like the noosy bastard that I am I checked out your armory and it seemed your gemming/reforging is a a bit all over the place.

It sounds like you have been taking a break for quite a while so that would explain a bit.

We are not really the type of guild that will not accept you because of that, but it does help to understand what you are doing.

My advice (which you don`t have to listen to) short version: pick the spec you like to play the most and go to http://www.askmrrobot.com learn to use it and love it.

Long version: Pick the spec you like. Arcane is on top now but that will change, all specs are viable at this point though I still think picking Frost can leave you frustrated when they nerf it because it`s too strong in PVP.

Depending on the spec you pick learn which primary stat you should aim for, for Arcane it is mastery, for frost haste and for fire crit.

In MoP gemming is a bit different then it used to be, i see you are gemming int almost everywhere while this was the best way to go on previous expansions it is not anymore. I`m not going to tire you with lists of gems, they are available at many class guides and on askmrobot too but you usually want to combine +160 of your primary stat +80 int gems instead of +160 int gems.

Also I see a few green (uncommon) gem in there, BLASPHEMY.

You don`t have 1500 justice points hanging around to upgrade that helm? 471 is way better then 463

Jade spirit on weapon DOO EETTT

Last piece of advice is, save 1500 valor to upgrade that weapon, (or whichever sha-touched weapon you have that is best for the spec you choose), the chances of getting anything better anytime soon are very low, it`s worth to have a sha-touched 491 weapon going into the next patch, it might even last you a while with the crazy low drop rates we have these days.
Maeldayn
Guppy

re: Logs

As promised: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/scnjyob7wmzzl1we/

Thanks for the advice Kayapo. I had the belt left to buy with valor, which is where my last points went this week. Next week was actually going to the weapon already Happy

Also, thanks for pointing out the 2 green gems, I somehow skipped them.

Can't say I've heard of the site you named. I used to use either reforg lite or rawr. I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the tips!
Telandris_Chopstik

Don`t forget that on the next patch all current valor items will get a discount, 25% on Shieldwall stuff and 50% on everything else, and upgrades will not be available.

Those two facts combined with weapons being so difficult to come around and sha-touched being so powerful makes upgrading weapons the best thing you can do with valor at this point.
Maeldayn
Guppy

re: Reforge

Indeed, that's why my weapon is my next priority.

Not sure if the armory will have updated yet, but I've done the reforging.

Also, just as a note for the World of Logs, they were done in LFR (although I'm looking at all the tankspot videos for MSV/HoF/Terrace before the actual raid, and Piqued mentioned there being a strat section on the guild website for me to look at). That being the case, the tank enjoyed moving the first boss of the spirit kings all over the place, way more than necessary to avoid the flanking orders. After I cauterized on a massive attack, I decided to stop trying to follow him.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Osaes Il Shyr Forum Index -> Applicants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum